1 cup of sugar
1 cup of light corn syrup
2 cups of water
6 ripe kiwi, peeled
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1. Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Puree kiwi and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until almost smooth.
3. Stir puree into syrup.
Note: If you have an ice-cream maker, just use it and follow the manufacturer instructions from this point on.
4. Pour into 9-inch square pan or undivided ice tray, covered with foil or plastic wrap.
5. Freeze 1 to 3 hours, or until almost firm.
6. Beat mixture in chilled bowl until light and fluffy, but not thawed.
7. Immediately return mixture to freeze for another 1 to 3 hours, or until firm.
Note: This recipe will work without beating the frozen mixture, but the final product will not have as good a texture.