Kale / Collard Green Tofu Wraps
- - 1-4 kale leafs or collard greens
- - 1/2 cup hummus
- - 3-4 campari tomatoes or whatever kind look tasty
- - 1 clove of garlic
- - couple sprigs of cilantro
- - 1 lime
- - 1 scallion (optional)
- - 1 block of firm organic tofu (i prefer smoked tofu)
1. Wash and dry your greens (kale or collards)
2. Make your own hummus/ or use store bought.
3. Cook the tofu as directed in the package - lightly with olive oil with a pan on med-low heat until golden. Place in fridge after cooked.
Make pico de gaillo:
4. Chop the tomatoes, cilantro, and scallions and put in a bowl
5. Mince the garlic and add it to the tomatoes
6. Squeeze a lime over it, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
7. After the tofu has cooled, slice them in thin rectangular pieces (think vegetarian bacon)
8. Assemble your wraps:
- spoon on hummus, scoop on some of the pico de gaillo and slice of tofu.
-roll up your wrap and enjoy! :)
be sure to bring extra napkins, because this can get messy!
Note: you can interchange what you put in it. I have done babaganoush and home made quinoa tabouli as well!