Jon Parsons Meal Jazzed Up
1/2 pound greens, or to taste, chopped (kale, collard,chard)
1 medium onion, diced
2 tablespoons minced garlic
5 roma tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 teaspoon oregano
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
2 cups kidney beans, or more to taste
2 baked potatoes
1. Blanch greens: In a pot over high heat, place 1 gallon of water; bring to a boil. Add and submerge greens; cook for 30 to 60 seconds, or until greens wilt, then strain and rinse greens with cool water to stop cooking process.
2. In a pan over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic; cook until soft. If they stick to the pan, add a dash of water.
3. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook for a few minutes.
4. Add beans; heat for a few more minutes to heat through.
5. Place a baked potato on a plate nad top with bean mixture. You can add your greens to beans mix or have on the side.
This dish has an Italian flair and it can be served over pasta. I like potato the best!