12 jalapeno peppers
1 (8 ounce) tub vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
1 cup nondairy milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 box (5 3/4 ounce) vegan spicy shake and bake
oil, for deep frying
1. Cut the peppers in 1/2 length wise. Cut off tops and toss the seeds. Fill peppers with vegan cream cheese.
2. Put milk, flour, and shake and bake in 3 separate bowls. Dip peppers into milk then into flour. Allow to dry 10 minutes.
3. Dip in milk again then roll in shake and bake. Allow to dry 10 minutes.
4. Repeat the last 2 steps until totally covered (usually 2-3 times). Heat oil to roughly 370 degrees F.
5. Deep-fry about 3 minutes. Place on paper towel.
These are so good even my non veggie friends loved them, and all us wussies found that they weren't too spicy either. If you decide to use other flavors of shake and bake, check the labels because some are not vegan. I also don't recommend the extra crispy because it chunks up.'