The Israeli Version for Falafel
8 oz chick peas (not canned, please. See note at the end.)
3 Tablespoons Wheatmeal or Cracked wheat or Burguhl.
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped as fine as possible.
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. Soak chick peas in water for 8 hours. Drain and grind.
2. Soak Wheatmeal or substitute in water for 2 hours. Drain and grind.
3. Mix all ingredients together.
4. Form balls about 3/4 inch diameter.
5. Deep fry until golden brown (best fried in a net or a deep fryer).
6. Serve in/with vegan pita bread, Hummus, Tahini sauce, tomatoes-cucumbers-parsley-lemon juice salad. Save me some.
Note: It is possible to use canned chick peas. Howe'ver, it is not as good, and you have to count more weight (because they are pre-cooked, and absorbed water)