High protein vegan pancakes recipe
- 1 scoop of soy protein isolate (30 g)
- 30 g of non-instant oats
- 1 small to medium banana (large banana makes the mix too mushy, causing the pancakes to split when flipping over!)
- 200 ml of water
1. Blend all the ingredients together (I use a handblender). If your mix is too runny, add a little bit more soy protein to thicken it up. As the batter comes out quite thick, you can’t just pour it into the pan. I spread it out with a spoon into the size I want my pancakes to be.
2. If you are using a good quality non-stick pan, you won’t need any oil. Preheat the pan on maximum for about 3 minutes, then turn it down to medium for a couple of minutes before you start spreading the mix.
3. Don’t turn them over too quickly as they may fall apart. Wait till the bottom is brown and it can easily be lifted from the pan (this takes some practice…)
4. Suggestion: As the cooking time is about 15 minutes, the first pancakes will go cold by the time you are finished. I put the whole batch into a preheated oven (150 degrees in my non fan assisted oven) for about 10-15 minutes to warm them up.