High Protein Cholesterol Reducing Spicy Corn Wheat Loaf
1-1/2 cups nondairy milk (I use soymilk)
1-1/4 cups apple juice
1/4 cup corn oil
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon paprika
2-1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cups diced mixed vegetables
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups white corn meal (I use Indian Head)
1/4 cup dry red lentils
1/4 cup rolled oats (I use Old-Fashioned Quaker Oats)
5 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons egg replacement starch (I use EnerG Egg Replacer)
1 tablespoon cumin seed
1 tablespoon flax seed
1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Set breadmaker to whole wheat setting and medium crust.
2. To bread-maker bread pan, add liquid ingredients and powdered spices (milk, apple juice, corn oil, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, paprika, and salt).
3. Add mixed vegetables, jalapeno pepper, and garlic.
4. In a large container with a lid (I use Tupperware), combine remaining ingredients except for active dry yeast (whole wheat flour, corn meal, lentils, oats, baking powder, egg replacer starch, cumin seed, and flax seed); shake to thoroughly mix. Add to breadmaker bread pan.
5. Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the center of the grain mix. Place the active dry yeast in the well, making sure it doesn't come into contact with liquid. Start breadmaker.
Source of recipe: Combination of Indian Head Old Fashioned Stone Ground White Corn Meal corn bread recipe and Sunbeam Breadmaker 100% Whole Wheat Bread recipe with a few added ingredients for taste.