Healthy Vegan Wrap of Sprouted Grains with Red Kale, Soybean Sprouts, and Hummus
1 large organic sprouted grain tortilla (Whole Foods, Sunflower, or Trader Joe's have these)
1 tablespoon plain hummus
1/2 fresh green serrano chile, or to taste, cut into small chunks
1 medium leaf red kale (use only the leaf and save the stem for cooking)
1/4 cup organic cucumber, cut into slices
1/4 cup organic tomato, cut into slices
1/2 cup organic soybean sprouts
1/4 cup organic cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon vegan green taco sauce
coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the sprouted grain tortilla on a plate and microwave for just about 20 seconds, which will make it warm and soft.
2. Cover the warm tortilla with the hummus and sprinkle the fresh green chile chunks on top.
3. Then rip the red kale leaf into smaller parts and place them all over the tortilla. Next add the cucumber, tomato, and soybean sprouts - spread evenly across the wrap.
4. Pour some green taco sauce lightly over the wrap and garnish with cilantro leaves. Season with ground black pepper.
5. Fold-in a small part of the wrap and roll the tortilla together until all the goodies are packed inside, leaving the top open and the folded part serving as bottom hold for the veggies. This delicious crispy wrap can be a messy dish, so you may want to have a napkin close to eat it. Enjoy!
If you'd like a side dish with your wrap, try a vegan sweet potato salad.
Source of recipe: 1 - this is my very own creation