Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes
1 cup yellow split peas
5 cardamom pods, optional
5 coriander seeds, optional
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 red onion, diced
1 1/2" piece ginger, minced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
pinch sea salt
pinch red pepper flakes*
1/2 teaspoon turmeric*
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander*
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin*
pinch ground cardamom*
black pepper, to taste*
pinch sea salt
1 bunch spinach, chopped
toasted sesame seeds, garnish
*or 1 1/2 teaspoons Indian spice mix
1. Put the split peas in a pot and add 3 cups water, the cardamom pods and the coriander seeds. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the peas are soft.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large pan (with a lid, or a soup pot) to medium heat, add the coconut oil and saute the onion until soft.
3. Next, add the ginger to soften. Add sweet potatoes, and leave long enough to get a bit of color, then add the zucchini until it starts to look shiny. Add the spices and stir the vegetables to coat.
4. Cover the pan and let the vegetables slowly cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender. Once the split peas are fully cooked, remove the cardamom pods and add them to the soup pot with the vegetables.
5. Add another pinch salt and leave the pan on the heat, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and stir through, allowing it to wilt before removing the pan from the heat. Serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this healthy sweet potato recipe, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/healthy-sweet-potato-recipes