Green Vegetable Curry
olive oil non-stick spray
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 to 2 tablespoons cumin
dash (or so) cayenne powder
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 bunch swiss chard, hard stems removed, trimmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
1. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray (or just a light coating of olive oil).
2. Add red pepper, onion, peas, mushrooms, curry powder, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add cilantro, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes) It should look a little dry at this point.
4. Add can of diced tomatoes. Simmer for another 5 minutes, scraping the yummy spices from the bottom of the pan.
5. Add swiss chard and put a lid on wok to allow the chard to steam. Open every so often and stir the wilted chard into the veggie mix. Let cook for about five minutes. Enjoy with rice or without! This turned out really delicious!
Source of recipe: I was using up veggies and came up with this.