Green Potato Pancakes with Banana Puree Sauce
These potatoes have a green color but are nutritious and delicious! 3 small or one large potato cooked/mashed (can use leftover mashed potatoes or baked)
1 chard leaf, cooked down or spinach (microwaved or frozen 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup cooked beans (I use pinto beans, but any would work great)
1/4 cup grated onion
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, smashed or minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
garlic powder, to taste (optional)
turmeric, to taste (optional; I add this one to all my recipes for health)
olive oil for pan frying
1 to 2 bananas
1 to 2 tablespoons water
chopped toasted nuts (pecans are great)
1. If you don't have cooked potatoes, put 3 small or 1 large cut into pieces in a covered dish in the microwave until tender--then mash them with the mixture you make in the blender [below]
2. In a blender, put cooked chard with just enough water from the potatoes to blend the greens until pureed. Add the beans to this and puree until smooth. Add to the mashed potatoes.
3. Add grated onion, chopped green onion, chopped parsley, garlic, salt, garlic powder, and turmeric. Add just enough bread crumbs to make the mixture batter-like.
4. In a frying pan, put just enough oil in pan to fry the pancakes. Put 1/6th cup (large dollop) of the batter in the pan. Cook on medium-high until browned on both sides.
5. Sauce: Place bananas in blender with water and blend. Drizzle on top. Serve with toasted nuts.
Source of recipe: I was playing around in the kitchen and this is what I came up with