Green Bean Casserole
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallots, sliced into rings
2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 pound green beans, trimmed
3 cups portobello mushroom soup
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a large baking dish. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots and caramelize. Remove the shallots and drain on paper towel. Set aside.
2. In the remaining olive oil in the skillet, add the mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for another couple minutes.
3. Place the mushroom mixture in a bowl. Set aside. Blanch the green beans. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the mushroom soup and flour. Whisk until lumps are gone.
4. Add the soup and flour mixture to the skillet. Heat and bring to a bubble. Add the mushroom and garlic mixture, green beans, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, parsley, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the green bean mixture to prepared dish. Top with the remaining vegan Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling. Once removed, top with the caramelized shallots. Serve.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2011/11/vegan-thanksgiving-feast-part-four...