Grandma's Cornbread Made Vegan
1/4 cup water
3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer
1 cup organic corn meal
1 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute*
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rice or soy milk
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a measuring cup, mix water and Ener-G Egg Replacer until there are no white lumps or residue. Put to one side.
3. In bowl, combine dry ingredients (corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Mix in nondairy milk, oil, and then egg replacer; mix well.
4. Pour batter into greased baking pan. (I use a medium cast iron skillet for my vegan cornbread and cakes, but be creative)
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until you can poke the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Slice and enjoy.
* If you use a vegan sugar substitute, note that not all subs are 1:1.