Gooooooood Morning Glory Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached white flour
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
3/4 cup oat bran
1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar (depending on how sweet you want them)
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1-1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 Gala apples, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup plain or vanilla soy milk
1 6-oz. container plain soy yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (may vary slightly depending on your oven).
2. In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients (wheat flour through cinnamon).
3. Add in carrots, raisins, seeds, and apples.
4. In separate bowl, blend wet ingredients (soymilk through vanilla). Add to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
5. Pour into lightly greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
These muffins are wholesome, delicious, and very filling. They make a great on-the-go breakfast!