Gluten-Free Pizza Crust (Xanthan-Gum Free)
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoon sweet rice flour
1/4 cup rice bran
2 tablespoons finely ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 to 1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon agave/brown rice syrup
coconut oil or oil of choice, for greasing cookie sheet
1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (rice flour, sweet rice flour, rice bran, ground flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, and salt).
2. In another bowl, combine 3/4 cup warm water and agave nectar. Add to dry ingredients. Combine until you are able to form a ball of dough. Add additional water, if necessary.
3. Grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil. Form dough into disc and press to form a pizza crust. Pierce with a fork.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
5. Add pizza toppings and continue baking at 350 degrees F until pizza is cooked through.
For more recipes like this check out: http://www.sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com
We made a pizza with this crust, it's pictured here: http://sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com/2010/12/smoked-tempeh-pizza-w...
Source of recipe: This crust is adapted from a Brown Rice Flour Tortilla recipe that we posted about a month ago. The tortillas stayed together so well, and without xanthan gum too, that I thought of just adding baking powder and presto! Pizza crust!