added this 2 years ago
Gluten free chocolate and espresso cookies
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic ground flax seeds
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of strong espresso coffee
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of vegan butter
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of melted organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic walnuts
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of organic rice milk
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds with 6 tbsp. of espresso coffee and set aside for more or less 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the rice flour, the coconut flour, the arrowroot starch, the baking powder, the baking soda, the salt and the cocoa powder.
- In a bigger bowl, cream the butter and the sugar. Then gradually add in the flour mix, the melted chocolate, the vanilla, the rice milk, the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- On a cookie sheet, make your cookies (you might have to make two sheets) and place it in the oven.
- Cook them for approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and place them on a wire rack for 10 minutes to cool down.