Gluten Free Cheese
1 cup water
1 cup glutinous rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
speck of saffron powder (for yellow color)
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Sieve flours into big bowl.
2. Add sugar, salt, garlic powder, saffron, tahini and stir well.
3. Knead with your hands until the dough is soft and pliable. Add more rice flour if too sticky or more water if too dry.
4. Shape into 3cm rounds 3mm thick (or other shapes you prefer) and add to a large pot of boiling water.
5. When the balls rise to the top (1 minute or less), scoop out and place on plates.
6. (Optional) Fry one side to make a crunchy crust. The other side will remain sticky and plasticky pliable.
On a pizza the "cheese" will soften in when heated and harden when cold just like normal cheese.