Gluten Free Carob Banana Cake
1/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
2 bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup rice or soy milk
3/4 cup rice flour (white or brown)
1/2 cup potato starch
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons xanthan gum
pinch of salt
4 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer powder
1/4 cup carob powder
1. Set oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Grease and line cake tin.
3. Cream vegan margarine and vegan sugar.
4. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
5. Sift together flours, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder, and carob powder.
6. Add rice/soy milk and sifted dry ingredients alternatively, one-third at a time, mixing lightly.
7. Place mixture in cake tin and bake at 190°C (375°F) for 35 minutes.
8. Cake is cooked when a skewer placed into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
9. Turn cake onto cake cooler.
10. Sprinkle with vegan icing (confectioners) sugar.