2 cups vanilla soy milk (not low fat or light)
1/2 cup soy creamer
2 tablespoon corns syrup or mild agave nectar
1/4-1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon powdered soy milk OR 1/2 cup blended tofu
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or liquor (to help freeze soft)
1. Combine cornstarch and soy creamer until well blended in a medium saucepan.
2. Add everything else except the alcohol and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
3. Cool the mixture, add the alcohol or extract, and place about 1 hour or up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
4. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. The mixture will initially be a little softer than most ice creams, so let it set up in the freezer and hour or two before serving
Chocolate- blend in 1/4 cup cocoa into 1 cup water
Coffee- add in 4 tablespoon instant coffee powder
Berry- add 1 cup of your favorite fruit, smashed up a bit
Peach- add 2 fresh peaches
Peanut butter- blend in 1/2 cup peanut butter and omit creamer
Mint chocolate chip- add in 1 teaspoon mint extract and fold in chocolate chips once mixture freezes
* I have made this many times without an ice cream maker by placing the mixture in a glass container in the freezer and stirring every half hour or so.