6 ounces baker's chocolate
1/3 cup margarine (Willow Run is the absolute best)
1 cup vegan, sweetened, condensed milk
1 (17 1/2 ounce) pouch vegan sugar cookie mix (I use Betty Crocker)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 (8 ounce) bags vegan chocolate chips or
14 ounces vegan chocolate, chopped in biggish chunks (Hershey kiss-sized)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Microwave the baking chocolate and margarine in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted together. Add the milk and stir.
2. Dump the cookie mix into a separate bowl, add cinnamon and stir. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well. Use a tablespoon to make 60 balls of dough (go for even sizes) and drop 2" apart on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 6-7 minutes (or a little less if you want them super fudgy.) Meanwhile, empty the chips or chunks into a bowl. You may want to enlist family/friends for the next step.
4. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, quickly start pushing chocolate into the center of each one; 5-8 chips or 1 Hershey kiss-sized chunk.
5. The goal is for the heat of the cookies to melt the chocolate, making cute little lagoons in the middle of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet before moving to a wire rack.
Source of recipe: Modified from something out of my grandmother's revered recipe box, but I'm pretty sure it originated on a Betty Crocker package.