Fried Pickles with Beer Batter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup beer
all purpose seasoning, to taste
3 large plain pickles, cut into quarter-sized thick slices
oil, for frying
1. Pat pickles dry with a paper towel. In a small mixing bowl, mix together flour and beer. You may add seasoning now.
2. Place the pickle slices in the batter once it is mixed and thick enough to attach to the slices. (may add more flour)
3. Heat oil to the max in a deep fryer or heat a few cups of oil in a pot on the stove.
4. Carefully place the pickles in without a basket. Let them fry for about 2 minutes until golden brown.
5. Remove the pickles, pat them dry, and let them sit. Serve with hot mustard or any dipping sauce and enjoy!
Source of recipe: I made this recipe.