Fall Spice Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 - 10 ounce bag vegan chocolate chips or carob chips
1 vegan egg (I used 1 tablespoon flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water, boiled)
2 cups white or wheat flour
1) Preheat oven to 265 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cream together Margarine and sugars until fluffy and light in color - approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add 'vegan egg' and mix until blended.
3) Add vanilla, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cinnamon. Mix until well blended (be sure to scrape the edges of the bowl). Add salt and baking soda and mix until well blended.
4) Slowly add flour, mixing as little as possible, but as much as necessary to prevent the batter from getting stiff. Use a spoon to fold in the chocolate chips.
5) With 2 large cookie sheets, not greased, take a cookie scoop and place cookies about .5-1 inch apart. I was able to get 20 per sheet - 4 rows of 5 cookies across. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Eat immediately or let cool :) MMM enjoy!
There is about 100 calories and 5 grams of fat per cookie.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe, because I was sick of making icky vegan cookies that were either greasy, flavorless or like muffin tops.