2 roma tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup white onion, diced
1/3 cup garlic, minced
1/4 cup zucchini, diced
1 teaspoon red curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon mustard powder
pinch crushed red pepper
sprinkle fresh dill
sea salt, to taste
2 eggplant, thinly sliced
3/4 cup vegan cheese (I use Daiya mozzarella)
4 cups pasta sauce
sprinkle Italian seasoning
1. Combine avocados, tomatoes, broccoli, artichokes, olive oil, onions, garlic, zucchini, spices, and dill, then squeeze lime over the mixture. Stir well. Add sea salt, and set aside to let the flavors blend together.
2. Sprinkle eggplant slices very generously with sea salt, and let sit for 1 hour to let the water sweat out. Rinse the salt off and dry the eggplant slices with paper towels.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Oil a skillet, add eggplant, and oil the eggplant. Flip eggplant after about 4 minutes; be sure to lightly brown both sides.
4. Let the slices cool off and fill each eggplant slice with the avocado mixture, then roll it up. Place in rows in a 9" casserole dish.
5. Add any remaining avocado mixture around the eggplant rolls, and sprinkle with vegan cheese. Use enough pasta sauce to cover, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, and bake for 25 minutes.
Serve warm, garnish with chives and fresh dill. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I was playing around in the kitchen, and this is what I came up with.