1 large eggplant
1 large onion
2 large mushrooms
1 cup of peas
5 canned red chilies, minced
2 garlic cloves, grated or crushed
2 teaspoons of chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garam masala
pepper, to taste
coriander, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes in eggplant using sharp knife or fork and put in oven on baking sheet to roast (usually takes about a half an hour). It is fully cooked when the eggplant's skin is dark and shriveled and its losing some juice.
2.Remove eggplant from oven and peel skin off, then mash flesh into a pulp and set aside.
3. Chop onions, mushrooms, and chilis and then place into a hot frying pan with peas and a pit of water or oil to cook.
4. Combine lemon juice, grated/crushed garlic cloves, chili sauce, and spices into a sauce and pour over veggies.
5. Fry until veggies reduce, then add eggplant and a splash of water and continue to cook until all mixed and has coarse-textured puree texture.
6. Remove from heat, garnish with coriander, and serve over rice or with naan. - mmmmm yummm!