canola non-stick oil spray
1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, drained (reserve the tofu container for the marinade)
2 to 4 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos (you may substitute with tamari)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon of hot sauce (I use sriracha hot sauce; tabasco works, too)
nutritional yeast flakes
2 to 3 vegan bagels, cut in half and toasted
1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with canola oil.
2. Press tofu with paper towels to get the extra moisture out of it. On a cutting board, cut tofu in 1/2 lengthwise, then cut to desired thickness.
3. Mix Bragg's, garlic, and hot sauce together in the tofu container. Mix well. Put 2 squares in the marinade at a time and make sure both side get covered.
4. Place the marinated squares on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle squares with the nutritional yeast flakes. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Place "egg" squares on bagel. Bon Appetit. (Most purchased bagels aren't vegan. If you can't find store-bought or bakery vegan bagels, try making them: Vegan Bagels).
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe