Easy Peasy Potato Samosas
oil, as needed for frying
1 teaspoon curry powder
3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2" cubes
1 (12 ounce) can peas
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup water
1. In a wok, heat the frying oil and curry. Add the potatoes and cook over low high heat for 10 minutes. Add the peas when the potatoes are almost done. Set aside and let cool.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, mix flour, salt, olive oil, and water to make the dough. Make sure it's smooth and stretchy.
3. Divide dough into balls; the size is up to you. Flatten them into little disks with a roller on a floured surface. Personally I like itty bitty bite-sized ones, but you can experiment with different sizes!
4. Place some cooled potato/pea filling into the disks. You want them to be nice and full, but leave enough room to close them so none of the filling falls out. Press the ends together using water if needed.
5. Heat some more frying oil in a deep pan, and fry the rolled up samosas in groups of 4 or so until sizzling and deep brown.
Spinach would also be amazing in this, as would cauliflower. Serve with a curry dipping sauce or on its own. It's usually an appetizer but I don't mind eating it as its own meal! My non-vegan friend devoured these and wanted to make them for themselves.
Source of recipe: Modified/translated from http://cuisinez-vegetalien.net/htm-a-recettes/286.htm