Cuban Black Bean Stew
1 onion (chopped or howe'ver you like)
1 green bell pepper (same as above)
1-2 cups chopped tomatoes (I use a box of Pomi tomatoes)
3 cloves garlic (pressed or diced)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Adobo (This stuff is really hot so be careful! It is found in the Mexican food section of the store.)
1 tablespoon curry
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
2-3 veggie bouillon cubes
4 tablespoon Menudo Mix (a mix of spices usually found near the Mexican food at the store) Alternative: 1 tablespoon celery seed, 1 tablespoon onion powder or flakes, 2 tablespoon oregano, 1/2 tablespoon chile powder
2 cans black beans (1 drained)
1 can water
2-3 potatoes (chopped)
lots of carrots
1. Saute the onion(s), pepper(s), and garlic in olive oil until desired tenderness.
2. Add tomatoes and tomatoe sauce. Then cook on med-high for a few minutes.
3. Add all of the spices and boullion cubes.
4. Follow by adding the beans, water, potatoes, and carrots.
5. Cook until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
Serve over rice.