Croutes aux champignons
- 8 cups or more of various organic mushrooms (shitake, portobellos, japanese mushrooms...can't remember their names but the more the merrier)
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 2-4 slices french bred (baguette or other bred with a hard crust)
- 1 cup or more of white wine
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of margarine
- 1/2 of an onion
- fresh garlic
- herbs (fresh preferably such as parsley, tarragon, or oregano)
- combine the wine, the margarine, and the tamari in a pan and cook at medium heat, add the rest of the ingredients including the mushrooms that you will have washed and cut in slices.
- stir once in a while and cover for faster cooking
- wait over 40 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and that the liquid has been absorbed unless you want a sauce
- toast the bred and put margarine on it
- finally add the mushrooms on the toast and it is done.
It is my favorite recipe....like the one they do in France and Switzerland without the dairy products but tasting pretty similar.