1 can chickpeas
1 can stewed tomatoes
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon each of curry powder, cumin, coriander, and cayenne (or to taste)
1-2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat the oil and add garlic and spices. Cook for less than a minute.
2) Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and carrots. Add a little water if needed to cover.
3) Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium
4) Let cook down for 30 minutes to an hours so all the flavors blend, but don't overcook or it will just be mush.
5) Remove from heat, stir in potato flakes to thicken. Serve with rice or naan. Yum!