Clover's Banana Nutball Muffins
4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon green stevia powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 cup mashed bananas
4 tablespoons nut butter, plus extra for topping
1 cup chopped nuts, plus extra for sprinkling
1 cup nondairy milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Lightly oil two 6-cup muffin pans.
2. Mix flour, stevia, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg in a medium-sized bowl
3. Mix bananas, nut butter, and nondairy milk in a small bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Fold in chopped nuts.
5. Spoon batter into the lightly oiled baking tins. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake away from any "hot spots" in the oven to prevent muffins from developing a tough skin. Check after 15 minutes. If undone, rotate pans 180 degrees and bake for 5 minutes more. When a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, the muffins are done. Remove from oven.
6. Allow to cool breifly, then remove muffins from pans and "frost" with nut butter. Enjoy!