1 cup warm nondairy milk (I use soymilk)
1/2 cup organic granulated sugar, divided
1 (2 1/4 teaspoons) package active dry yeast
1/3 cup vegan margarine, melted (I use Earth Balance)
2 egg equivalents, prepared (http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7678.0)
4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon salt Filling:
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 tablespoons cinnamon
vegan margarine (for spreading on rolled dough)
1. For dough, place the warm nondairy milk, pinch of the sugar, and yeast in a large mixing bowl (I use a Kitchenaid). Let sit for 5 minutes or until foamy.
2. Add the melted butter substitute, granulated sugar, egg substitute, 1/2 the flour, and lastly the salt. Stir on low with the paddles attachment on until the ingredients are incorporated, about a minute. Add the rest of the flour in two intervals. Knead it for about 3 minutes until it's soft and pliable. Let rise for 1 hour.
3. While the dough is rising, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl for filling. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Once the dough has risen, flour a clean surface as needed and roll the dough out into a rectangle about 16"x21". The dough should be about 1/4-1/8" deep.
4. Spread on the butter substitute on the top side to coat, sprinkle on the brown sugar/cinnamon mix to coat. Roll it up width wise, cut into 12 equal lengths.
5. Place cinnamon rolls into two cake pans and bake for about 10 minutes or more. They should be slightly soft when you take them out.
Source of recipe: This is a recipe my family has me make on any special occasion. On Easter, Christmas, Birthdays, when they really want them, etc. This cinnamon roll recipe really is one of the best, if not the best recipe I have.