Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
1 TBS flax meal + 3 TBS water
1 cup blanched almond flour
¼ cup smooth peanut butter
¼ cup plus 2 TBS coconut sugar or other minimally-processed granulated sweetener
¼ cup non-alkalized cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1) Mix the flax meal with the water and set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4) Combine all ingredients until everything is well incorporated—you could use a food processor, I just used a bowl and a wooden spoon.
5) Drop by tablespoons onto the parchment lined tray (I use a 1-tablespoon ice cream scoop for cookies; it works great).
6) Flatten each with your fingers, then with a fork, criss-crossing a waffle design.
7) Sprinkle with a little more sugar.
8) Bake for 20 minutes.
9) Let cool and serve.