Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine (prefer Earth Balance)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached white flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon egg replacer (optional; I use Ener-G)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer Ghiradelli bittersweet)
1 cup chopped nuts (macadamias and walnuts are my favorite)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a bowl, combine sugar, margarine, and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, egg replacer, baking soda, and salt. (I usually just add the egg replacer dry and it works ok. I am sure you can mix it with the required water prior to mixing and it will be fine, too.)
4. Slowly stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Get it all mixed up well! Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake each batch for 12 to 15 minutes. (I remove them from the oven when I am able to touch the tops of the cookies without making too much of an indentation, and I also noticed the smell of the cocoa is really obvious in the house when the batch is about done.) Cool for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.