Chocolate-Chip Banana Dropsies
2 very ripe bananas, smushed with a potato-masher
1 cup almond milk (or whatever nondairy milk you like)
1/3 cup oil (olive works fine)
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached white flour or bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup turbinado or raw cane sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt 'Flair' ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or peanuts
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli semisweets)
1. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper (or oil pans well-- but parchment paper works great!), and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix wet ingredients. In another bowl, mix dry ingredients.
3. Combine wet & dry ingredients, then stir in nuts & chocolate chips. Batter should be sticky and a slightly thinner than bread dough, but not wet enough to pour.
4. Using two spoons (or mixing spoon and scraping knife), drop batter onto baking sheets to make about 1-1/2" rounds (approximately 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons each), about an inch apart.
5. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the drop-muffins in the center of the pan test done with a toothpick test-- don't overcook, or they won't be as moist and yummy. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I tinkered up this recipe because I like muffins, but muffin pans are a pain in the a** to wash: ta-da, problem solved! We like these for a fast grab-and-go breakfast, quick snacks, and coworker sweet-talkin'. :-)