Chocholate Rice Crispy Treats
6 cups crisp puffed rice cereal (Erewhon brand Crispy Brown Rice cereal is vegan)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 (12 ounce) bag vegan chocolate chips
1. Put cereal and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Don't worry about mixing it yet! In a medium size pot on low-heat, pour the sugar and corn syrup together and mix on the stove until it boils.
2. Pour the corn syrup and sugar in the mixing bowl and mix together with a large metal spoon until all ingredients are well-mixed. Next, there are 2 ways to add the chocolate, but the recipe is delicious either way.
3. My favorite way of adding the chocolate is after the other ingredients are well mixed, simply pour all of the chocolate chips in the bowl and mix together, some will melt because it's still very warm and it will make the rice crispys a light brown color. The rest of the chocolate chips will be intact in the crispys.
4. The other way to add the chocolate is to do step 5 first, and melt the chocolate chips (in the microwave is fine) and pour it over the top of the cereal mixture and spread it with a butter knife or a frosting spreader.
5. Scoop the mixture into a 9X13" pan and compress it with a spoon or with your hands. Make sure that the mixture reaches to the edge of the pan and that it's level. Chill for 1 hour. Cut into squares and either wrap in saran wrap or serve on a platter. Enjoy!
I made it for several bake-sales and they were super popular! It's super easy to make, and it's my favorite thing to make!
Source of recipe: Modified recipe. I found a variation of this recipe online a few years ago and after tweaking it a bit, it's perfect!