Chinese-Style Veggies and Seitan
1 pack of chicken-style seitan cut into strips
2 heads of broccoli
1/2 green pepper
1 or 2 garlic cloves
1 cup stock or liquid from seitan (better)
1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon honey substitute (sorry, I use honey)
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1. If eating with rice, put rice on to cook (is best with sushi rice equal part rice and water)
2. Steam broccoli for about 4 or 5 minutes in tablespoon water until JUST done. Set aside
3. Brown seitan in oil. Set aside
4. Heat up oil in pan and add veggies.
5. While veggies are cooking add a little oil to small sauce pan and saute garlic on low/medium until soft.
6. Add to the garlic stock (or seitan liquid) soy sauce, hoisin, red pepper flakes and honey/honey substitute. Heat.
7. Taste the liquid - it should be subtly tasty because when you reduce it the flavor will intensify. If too strong - add water. Boil until reduced.
8. Add sauce, seitan and broccoli to veggies and combine.
9. Serve with the rice or with cellophane noodles.