Chinese Cabbage Wraps with Peanut Sauce
1 medium to large Chinese (Napa) cabbage, leaves separated
8 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
1 (12 ounce) package vegan chorizo
oil, as needed
1 bunch cilantro, chopped Peanut Sauce:
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)
2-3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup water
1-2 tablespoons good soy sauce or tamari
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. When the water is boiling, add salt and then begin dropping in the cabbage leaves a few at a time.
2. Leave them in for no more than 4-5 seconds or until they turn bright green and become slightly pliable. Continue this process until all the leaves are done. Set the leaves aside.
3. Use the boiling water cook to the noodles according to the package, drain, rinse with cool water, and set aside. In a medium, lightly oiled, saute pan cook the chorizo until it is just a bit brown around the edges.
4. To assemble, take a leaf and fill it with noodles, chorizo, and cilantro. Fold the top over the bottom and place seam side down on a platter.
5. For sauce, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. If it's too thick add more water. Garnish with more cilantro.
If you like more spice, use 1-2 squirts sriracha (rooster sauce). These are so easy to make and really good as summer finger food.