Chick'n, Cheeze, and Broccoli Hot Pockets
olive oil, as needed
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup vegan chick'n, chopped (I use Gardein)
1 cup broccoli crowns, minced
handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup nondairy milk, divided
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
3/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar (I use Daiya)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
black pepper, to taste
1 sheet (about 8 ounces) puff pastry, defrosted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a cookie sheet well. Saute onion in a little olive oil until sweating, and throw in the chick'n. Stir until chick'n has browned a bit, then add broccoli and parsley.
2. Add a splash nondairy milk, so the broccoli will steam cook. When the broccoli has softened, cascade in the spinach and stir to wilt. The mixture should be steamy.
3. Pour in the nondairy milk and sprinkle in cheese, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir with a spatula very well until the cheese is a melty sauce. Add more milk if it looks too thick. Lay out the puff pastry sheet and cut it in 1/2.
4. Divide the hot mixture between the 2 sheets. Fold 1 side of the sheet over the hot mixture and pinch the dough on all sides to close it. You will have too much puff pastry, so just trim off the extra 1-2" and discard. Do the same for the other 1/2 sheet.
5. Gently place the beautiful pockets on the prepared cookie sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes longer, or until the top is golden and crispy.
Be careful; the inside will be delicious lava!
Source of recipe: Amymylove put the great idea of vegan hot pockets in my head, so I created this recipe; 100x more delicious than the name-sake!