Cherry Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
scant 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
3 teaspoons instant coffee
1 cup flour
1 cup quick-cook oats
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon EnerG Egg Replacer (egg substitute for 2 eggs, but not mixed with liquid)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup agave nectar
diced glazed cherries, to taste
raisins, to taste
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ok since im a pretty "creative" cook all the ingredients are non-exact and a basic guideline. Good for breakfast with a nice cuppa tea.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat non-dairy milk in pan or microwave until warm. Stir in instant coffee. (Add more or less depending on how strong you like your coffee.)
3. Combine dry ingredients (flour, oats, cocoa powder, egg replacer, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Mix in wet ingredients (applesauce, agave nectar, cherries, raisins, and vanilla).
4. Spoon dough onto cookie sheets. You can make individual cookies, or make one big giant bar and cut it up after.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack, if you can wait.
Source of recipe: This recipe was adapted from 'chocolate fudgy oatmeal cookies' by Isa Moskowitz in her book Vegan Cookies invade your cookie jar (fab book btw)