1 large red pepper roasted, peeled, and seeded
1-1/2 cups water
3/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup beer (lager)
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
5 teaspoons water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vegan Worcester sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
nondairy milk, to desired consistency
1. Roast red pepper on broil until it is soft, then peel and seed.
2. In a bowl, combine water and cornstarch; set aside. Except for nondairy milk, combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add roasted red pepper to cheese sauce mixture. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into pot on medium heat. Add cornstarch and water mixture; bring to boil.
5. Once boiling, lower heat and let simmer. Keep stirring the mixture. Add nondairy milk until you reach your desired consistency.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. The burgers were made for my vegan horseshoe sandwich recipe. Please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2010/05/vegan-horseshoe-sandwich.html