Casserole with Rutabegas
2 tablespoons olive or other oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 large or 2 medium rutabegas
2 small beets
1 small package criminy mushrooms
1 green bell pepper
4 stalks of leeks, white parts
28 ounce jar maranara pasta sauce
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chives dry
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dillweed dry
1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Grease a very large baking dish or two smaller ones with oil. Set aside.
2. Peel and cut vegetables. Cut root vegetables into small cubes and other vegetables into biggger bites. Layer root vegetables in bottom of baking dish, add 2 cups maranara sauce, and stir with 1 cup water.
3. Add rest of vegetables, spices, and rollled oats. Spread over first layer, add rest of maranara sauce, rest of water, and lemon juice.
4. Top with nutitional yeast, and divide butter into parts, putting each part into a different angle of the dish, so it melts over more evenly.
5. Cook about 35 to 45 minutes, checking every so often. After cooking, let set 10 minutes to cool. Should be eaten quickly. Leftovers can be stored in airtight containers in refrigerator 2 or 3 days. Can be served with anything you're craving. Have a wonderful meal.