Carrot Cake Muffins
1-3/4 cups gluten-free flour blend or regular flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup applesauce (or 1/2 cup mashed banana & 1/2 cup applesauce)
1/2 cup sucanat sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrot
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine applesauce, sucanat sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
4. Thoroughly mix flour mixture into sugar mixture, then carrot.
5. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake for 26 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.