Carob Orange Cookies
2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2-4 tablespoons carob powder
rind of 1 orange
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (light virgin olive oil is good)
1/4 cup orange juice or water
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Put the baking trays in the oven to preheat.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and carob powder together in a bowl. Add orange rind.
3. In another bowl mix sugar and oil. Add orange juice.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
5. Make round balls (about the size of a walnut) and place on the warmed trays. Squash balls with a fork.
6. Bake for 6 minutes and then rotate tray 180 degrees and bake for another 6 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.