added this 4 years ago
Candied Pie Apple
What you need:
A delicious take on a traditional favorite, this pie is full of robust cinnamon and apple flavors. Makes 1 pie.
- 1 3/4 cups apple juice (no sugar)
- 20 pieces vegan cinnamon candy
- 1/4 teaspoon red food dye
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 green apples
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 9″ pie crust
- vegan whipped cream topping
- ground cinnamon (for garnish)
What you do:
- 1.Pre-bake pie crust as per recipe instructions.
- 2.Prepare apples by removing peel and core, and cut into thin slices.
- 3.Mix together 1 1/2 cups of the unsweetened apple juice, candy, food dye, vanilla, and apples in a pan. Bring mixture to a full boil, stirring frequently, then reduce and let simmer until apples are tender.
- 4.In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup juice with the corn starch, then add to the apple mix, and cook until thick. Set aside and let cool at room temperature.
- 5.Pour mixture into prepared pie crust, and let chill over night. Add whipped cream topping and garnish with cinnamon.