Buttery Swiss Chard Rice Pilaf With Cashews
1/4 cup vegan butter
2 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
1 big bunch swiss chard, finely chopped
1 medium onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 uncooked jasmine rice
2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup water
1/2 cup cashew halves
Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Melt vegan butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Increase heat to medium and stir in spaghetti, cooking until coated with the melted vegan butter and lightly browned.
2) Stir in chard, onion and garlic into the saucepan and cook for about 2 minutes, until tender.
3) Stir in jasmine rice and cook about 5 minutes.
4) Pour in vegetable broth and water. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and cook 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Add water if it boils off too quickly.
5) Mix cashew halves into the rice mixture and season to taste. Enjoy!