bulghur (for each person, use 1/2-3/4 cup)
2 cups fresh berries
1 cup fruit juice for each 1/2 cup bulgur
Bring fruit juice and bulghur to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat, stir in berries. Let sit till juice is absorbed. Eat hot, warm or cold.
1) If you're going to use cranberries, I would also add a sweetener
2) Fruit juices that work well - pear, apple, cranberry, etc..
3) Instead of bulghur, you can try other flavorful grains - millet, brown rice, whatever. Just use the appropriate amount of fruit juice to cook the grain.
4) A little cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ground clove, cardamom would make tasty additions
5) Dried fruit instead or with the fresh fruit is great
6) Serve with vanilla or plain soy yogurt, if desired.