Buffalo Tempeh Baked Potatoes
4 medium russet potatoes
1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, diced
1 onion, sliced thinly
vegetable oil, as needed
2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
3 celery stalks, minced
1 medium carrot, shredded finely
1 bell pepper, minced
1/3 cup hot sauce
4 tablespoons vegan butter
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Poke potatoes with a fork and then wrap them individually in foil. Place them in the oven to bake. This will take anywhere from 35 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the potatoes.
2. Place tempeh in steamer basket, and steam until tender. Alternatively, you can poach the tempeh in boiling water, if desired. Saute the onion in vegetable oil until caramelized.
3. Add the garlic, celery, and carrot, cook about 10 minutes. Add bell pepper and continue to cook about 5 minutes more. If potatoes are still a ways from done, turn down heat on vegetables, and wait until potatoes are about 5 minutes until done. Then turn heat back up and proceed with the rest of the cooking.
4. If potatoes are about there at this point, go ahead and add in tempeh to the veggie mix. Add vegan butter and hot sauce, adjusting if needed. Salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Put your potato on a plate, split open and put as much of the buffalo tempeh veggies on it as you like.
This is good with Toffuti sour cream, or the sour cream mixed with some dill, kinda like ranch dressing. This recipe may sound strange, but it is so good.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe