Brown Lentil Salad
1 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 to 1-1/2 cups green olives, diced
1 to 2 stalks celery, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons parsley, minced
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Cook the lentils according to package directions. They should be cooked through, but not falling apart. Spread them on a baking sheet to dry.
2. Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, and oregano.
3. In another bowl, combine the lentils and remaining ingredients (olives, celery, onion, bell pepper, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper).
4. Pour the dressing over the lentil mixture and gently toss to coat.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors blend. The longer it sits the better it gets!