Broccoli Salad with Sweet Miso Dressing, Pickled Sour Cherries and Mystery Crunch
1/2 cup white miso
1/3 cup agave nectar or equivalent sweetener
1/2 cup mirin or rice vinegar and water
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
1/4 cup fresh, finely grated ginger root
3/4 green cabbage, finely shredded
2 broccoli stems, grated
1 large carrot, grated
1 green onion, white included, sliced on a bias
1/4 cup toasted black and blonde sesame seeds
1/2 cup pitted and halved sour cherries, pickled in apple cider vinegar OR 2 handfuls dried cranberries
1 (3-ounce) package uncooked ramen noodles
1. Dressing: In blender, pulse miso, sweetener, mirin, sesame oil, lemon juice and grated ginger until creamy and smooth.
2. Salad: In a bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, carrot, green onion, and sesame seeds; mix well. Drain cherries and add to the bowl; mix well.
3. Pour dressing over salad; mix well.
4. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
5. Serving: Right before serving, break ramen noodles over salad in differing shapes and sizes. Do NOT do this any more than 5 minutes before serving, as you want the noodles to remain crunchy. Stuff yer face!