Broccoli Basil Crunch
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 small heads broccoli, chopped up into florets and nice chunks of stem
1/4 onion, diced
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon (or more) tamari or bragg's
1 bunch basil (1/2 cup before chopping), coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds (try to use unsalted or the rest of the dish can become too salty)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (I use black ones if available)
1. Heat canola and sesame oils in a pan over medium heat
2. Add broccoli, onion, and garlic. Stir every so often for about five minutes. *note, if you like a softer broccoli, cover pan in between stirs.
3. Add water, peanut butter, tahini, cayenne, and tamari. Stir until the mixture makes a nice creamy sauce. Use more tahini to make the mixture more creamy as per your preference.
4. Add the chopped basil and stir until coated.
5. Sprinkle with sunflower and sesame seeds. Serve. I like to serve it on top of quinoa but it would go well with pretty much any grain or even on pasta.
Source of recipe: This is a modification of something I love to cook (green veg in some kind of nut/seed butter sauce). This one is crunchy and delicious!